New Year, New Adventures
Yeah! 2013 is here! We survived a heated election, the Mayan Apocalypse and the infamous Fiscal Cliff. The only cliffs that remain are the exhilarating leaps we’ll take on the Middle Fork.We are very excited for the New Year! But before we go there, let’s revisit some of the highlights from last year:
- One of our favorite guests celebrated his 82nd birthday with us (and will return in 2013 for his 14th trip!)
- A budding third generation of Porters dipped their toes, and their oars, into the river for the very first time
- Two lucky couples celebrated a 25th and a 50th wedding anniversary with us
- Sadly, a family of 7 joined us from Louisiana only to discover their wallet was lost in transit. But a Good Idaho Samaritan found the wallet (including credit cards, IDs, and $600 cash) along an Idaho Highway and turned it in. We had it waiting at our warehouse in Stanley when our grateful guests came off the river. Gotta love Idaho!
- Thanks to Sun Valley Chef Tim Filgate, our re-vamped gourmet menu brought great applause from our guests
In addition, our guides did an outstanding job this season and received glowing reviews from our guests. Yes, we already know how great we are (toot toot) but to receive positive feedback is beyond rewarding and encouraging. We try hard to make each adventure special and continuously strive to perfect and improve our trips. The best reward comes from you – our guests and lifetime friends – when we have the privilege of seeing you return, year after year. THANK YOU! And now…2013! Reservations are flowing in and the current blanket of snow brings hope that this year is going to be outstanding! Our new website has launched and we are boldly moving forward. I am also very excited to welcome my sister-in-law and long-time friend Jacqui to help us out with reservations, marketing and social media. She’s been down the river many times over the last 18 years and loves the river as much as any Porter. You will be working with both of us by phone, email and in person. She knows the business, the river and she can’t wait to get to know you!So with that, I wish you a fabulous New Year and hope that a great adventure awaits you!
“Just got back from the best vacation ever. We just can’t say enough about the whole crew of MFRT. You guys rock! We will be back without a doubt!”